- All children under the age of 10 years shall be actively supervised by a caregiver 17 years and older. Actively supervised means watching your child at all times, and being able to provide immediate assistance. Children 4 years and under must be accompanied in the pool and within arms reach of a caregiver 17 years and older.
- Caregiver / Child ratios are as follows:
One adult to two under 5's,
One adult to four children 5-10years.
One adult to one under 5 and three 5-10years
- During busy times water walking lanes may not be available in our 25m lane pool. Lane bookings may incur a 15min setup prior to booking. We may request customers move to an adjacent lane whilst we do this. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Riders free of medical conditions, including but not limited to pregnancy and heart, back, or musculo-skeletal problems, maximum/minimum height and weight, and any swimming or physical ability requirement are excluded from using the hydroslide.
- Patrons are to follow all instructions given by staff. Refraining from behaviour that could cause injury, offence, indecency or harm to others is expected at all times. Abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated and removal may occur. Bandanas, patches or any other sign of gang affiliation is not permitted in the centre.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn in the pool and no outside clothing to be worn i.e. jeans, heavy tshirts, shorts etc. Rash tops, boardshorts are permitted.
- Running, jumping, bombing and diving is not considered acceptable behaviour
- All children under 4 years are expected to wear swimming nappies whilst in the water.
- Persons 17 years or over are welcomed to use the sauna and steam rooms. Patrons shall always sit on their towel or mat when using the sauna and steam room.
- Personal possessions are the patron's responsibility. Please do not ask staff to look after your items.
- If you or your child has experienced vomitting and / or diarrhoea in the last 2 weeks, please refrain from swimming. Please shower before entering into the water to remove dirt and urea, faecal matter
- Glassware is not allowed in the pool halls.
- This facility is a public place therefore you may be photographed for the purpose of marketing the facility. If your image is captured it may be used in marketing material, however we will obtain consent for any images that focuses on an individual. Any persons taking photos of the facility are obligated to ensure that no other patrons are being photographed without their express consent. This also includes families at the facility taking photos or filming. Please ensure you are only photographing or filming your own child/ren and no other visitors to our facility for privacy reasons.
- Parents and caregivers shall be responsible for the behaviour and conduct of children in their care.
- Use of this facility is subject to these guidelines, any relevant Auckland Council policies, local bylaws, industry body standards and New Zealand Law
Swimming & Water Safety Lessons Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply solely to Mount Albert Aquatic Centre Swim School programmes. By making payment you accept these terms and conditions. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the facility Swim School facilitator.
- Swimming lessons are paid via direct debit from a nominated bank account. Two weeks payment is paid up front for new enrolments with bank details supplied. Swim school payments are paid each week for the following week (in advance). Please check with your bank if wishing to pay via a savings account as not all banks authorise withdrawals from that type of account. Direct Debit payments are withdrawn on each Monday, so please ensure there are sufficient funds for the transaction.
- In the event a parent/caregiver wishes to cancel and cease swimming and water safety lessons, a cancellation request must be supplied in writing.
Each swimmer will be entitled to TWO make-up lessons per term for genuine sickness reasons, on the following basis:
- You must give notice before the start of the missed lesson. Email, phone call or leaving a message is acceptable. No make-up lesson will be given if there is no records of notice being given. If you or your child is booked into a make-up lesson and do not show, that make-up lesson is forfeited.
- A medical certificate may be required.
- Make-up lessons are not transferable between persons and other conditions may apply in certain circumstances.
- Should a serious medical condition or injury prevent swimmers form attending, a credit can be applied. A medical certificate will be required for our records.
- MAAC Swim School does not run lessons on public holidays and term fees will be prorated accordingly.
- A membership card will be issued upon your enrolment with Mount Albert Aquatics Swim School.
- This cards must be swiped each time you enter the facility to check in for your lessons.
- If you lose your membership card a fee of $5.00 will be charged for a replacement.
- Membership cards are to only be used by those whose name appears on the cards.
- Please retain your membership card
- All swimmers under the age of 5 are required to wear a band along with the accompanying guardian. This is for pool safely purposes and can be collected from reception when checking into the lesson.
- MAAC reserves the right to increase swim lesson fees.
- MAAC reserves the right to adjust the lesson timetable at any time but will give customers reasonable notice if this is the case.
- MAAC reserves the right to change instructors as required.
- You must inform your swim instructor of any medical conditions prior to commencing lessons.
- Please advise us promptly of any change to your contact details.